Rapid troubleshooting and exploration
Quickly search, filter, and analyze your logs for troubleshooting and open-ended exploration of your data.
- Explore and analyze logs from all your services, applications, and platforms
- Search and filter your logs on the fly using automatically generated facets
- See log data in context with automated tagging and correlation
Unifying the three pillars of observability
Smoothly navigate between logs, metrics, and request traces for a clear view of all your systems.
- Pivot from metric graphs directly to related logs with the same tags (host, service, etc.)
- Jump from any log entry to a dashboard of metrics for the host
- Put logs in a performance context by pivoting to APM for the service
Centralize log data from any source
Automatically collect, tag, and enrich logs with Datadog’s built-in integrations.
- Send logs using your existing Datadog integrations with applications, services, and cloud providers
- Automatically apply facets to your log data, such as availability zone, role, or HTTP status code
- Use third-party log shippers such as Logstash, Rsyslog, NXLog, or FluentD
Build log-processing pipelines
Enrich and process logs from common technologies instantly, or build your own custom pipelines.
- Automatically process logs from integrated technologies
- Clone and modify built-in pipelines to capture custom data fields or facets
- Build new pipelines to extract and enrich data from any log format
Monitor and alert on log data
Visualize log data on Datadog dashboards or build sophisticated alerts.
- Add streams of logs matching any query to your Datadog dashboards
- Visualize aggregated or processed log data in customizable graphs
- Build real-time alerts that trigger on any combination of indicators