Rapid troubleshooting and exploration
Quickly search, filter, and analyze your logs for troubleshooting and open-ended exploration of your data.
- Explore and analyze logs from all your services, applications, and platforms
- Search and filter your logs on the fly using automatically generated facets
- Visualize log data on dashboards or build sophisticated alerts
Unifying the three pillars of observability
Smoothly navigate between logs, metrics, and request traces for a clear view of all your systems.
- Pivot from metric graphs directly to related logs with the same tags (host, service, etc.)
- Jump from any log entry to a dashboard of metrics for the host
- Put logs in a performance context by pivoting to APM for the service
Logging without Limits™
Send and process every log produced by your applications and infrastructure.
- Ingest everything and decide what to index dynamically with filters
- Observe everything in real time with Live Tail, without the need to index
- Archive everything—all history centrally stored with nothing left behind on servers
Centralize log data from any source
Automatically collect, tag, and enrich logs with Datadog’s built-in integrations.
- Send logs using your existing Datadog integrations with applications, services, and cloud providers
- Automatically apply facets to your log data, such as availability zone, role, or HTTP status code
- Use third-party log shippers such as Logstash, Rsyslog, NXLog, or FluentD
Build log-processing pipelines
Enrich and process logs from common technologies instantly, or build your own custom pipelines.
- Automatically process logs from integrated technologies
- Clone and modify built-in pipelines to capture custom data fields or facets
- Build new pipelines to extract and enrich data from any log format