Unless otherwise stated in a supplemental notice, Datadog, Inc. is the data controller of your personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Give to Us
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Datadog Products
When you access or use the Datadog Products, we automatically collect information about you, which helps us provide the Datadog Products. This information may include things like:
- information about how you use our products and websites, such as your session date, time, and duration; the pages you viewed; and the page you visited before navigating to the products or websites
- information about your computer or device, such as the type of browser you use, your IP address, and the location of your device
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Datadog Products for purposes of advertising and user authentication. For example, if you create or log into your Datadog account using your Google Apps credentials via single sign-on, we will have access to certain information such as your name and email address as authorized in your Google Apps profile settings.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use information about you to:
- Enable you to have full access to the Datadog Products;
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Datadog Products;
- Provide and deliver the Datadog Products, including by processing transactions and sending you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer support;
- Create your Datadog account and identify you when you sign-in to your account in accordance with your agreement with us;
- Communicate with you about Datadog Products, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Datadog and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Datadog Products;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Datadog and others;
- Personalize and improve the Datadog Products and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Consider you for possible employment at Datadog in connection with an application that you submit; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How We Share Personal Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers we have vetted and approved who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf only to the extent necessary for the performance of any contract we enter with you. This includes companies providing hosting services, authentication services, cybersecurity and anti-fraud services, and advertising;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is permitted by, in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process such as to comply with a subpoena or applicable court order;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Datadog assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our websites, subject to our Cookies Policy; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information
We are required to state the lawful basis under which we process the personal information of our users from the European Union. Accordingly, the lawful bases upon which we process your personal information are as follows:
- Where it is necessary to obtain your prior consent to the processing concerned for us to be allowed to do it, for instance in relation to direct marketing, we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned.
- Otherwise, we will process your personal information only where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are a subject; or
- For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us in promoting our business, providing the Datadog Products to our customers pursuant to or legal agreements with them, and in ensuring the security, accessibility and improvement of the Datadog Products and the development of new technology and services.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. If you follow a link to any of these external sites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to those third-party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Social Sharing Features
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Information Collected on Behalf of Customers in Providing the Datadog Products
In the case of personal information that we handle or receive on behalf of a customer in connection with their access to, and use of, our products (“Customer PI”), we have no direct relationship with the customer’s employees or other individuals with whom that customer may interact with respect to our products. If you are such an employee or individual and are seeking access to, or would like to correct, amend, or delete, Customer PI, you should direct your query to the applicable customer. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe to a customer’s request to remove Customer PI. Please note that the foregoing will not limit EU individuals from making certain requests relating to their personal information as provided in Your Rights below.
We will not use Customer PI except for the purpose of providing and supporting our products for the applicable customer. Customer PI will be retained for as long as needed for that purpose and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We take reasonable steps, including physical, technical, and organizational measures, to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted to us.
Your personal information will be retained by Datadog for the duration of your account and may be retained for a period after this time as necessary and relevant to our legitimate interests, our terms of agreement with you and in accordance with applicable legal obligations. This may include retention necessary to meet our tax reporting requirements as well as time required to enforce the relevant terms of agreement or to identify, issue or resolve legal proceedings.
We may retain a record of your stated objection to the processing of your data, including in respect of an objection to receiving marketing communications, for the sole legitimate purpose of ensuring that we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further, during the term of your objection.
International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be collected in, transferred to, accessed from, or stored in a country other than the one you are in, including the United States.
If you are in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, know that your personal information is only transferred out of your country in accordance with applicable data protection law, including, for example, the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses.
For more information about how we think about international data transfers, and the safeguards we have in place related to them, please refer to our Data Transfer Impact Assessment.
You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the following:
- the right to access your personal information that we hold;
- the right to request that we update your personal information;
- the right to have your personal information deleted;
- the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information where our processing is inappropriate;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we are processing your personal information based on your prior consent; and
- the right to lodge a formal compliant with a competent supervisory authority.
To exercise your rights, please contact us as outlined in the “Contact Us” section below.
If your request relates to Customer PI, please include the name of the applicable customer in your request; we will refer the request to that customer to respond directly to you and will support them as needed to respond to your request.
Our customers may access, update, or change personal information they have provided by logging into the Datadog application or emailing us at email@example.com.
Subject to the terms of their agreements with us, Customers may deactivate their accounts by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information for a certain period.
If you are an individual with whom one of our customers interacts with respect to the Datadog Products (e.g., an employee of a customer), as noted above, you should direct any requests regarding access, modification, or deletion of personal information to the applicable customer.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Datadog by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.