This Website is owned and operated by, or on behalf of, Datadog Inc. (“we”, “our” or “us”). We are the data controller in respect of personal information of our users based in the European Union.
Information You Provide to Us through the Services
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use the Services we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Files: We gather certain information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Services, and store it in log files. We do not monitor or log data collected from your servers when using the Services, but we may log or monitor information about your access to our Services.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services for purposes of advertising and user authentication. For example, if you create or log into your Datadog account using your Google Apps credentials via single sign-on, we will have access to certain information such as your name and email address as authorized in your Google Apps profile settings.
Use of Information
We may use information about you to:
- Enable you to have full access to the Services;
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer support;
- Create your Datadog account and identify you when you sign-in to your account in accordance with your agreement with us;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Datadog and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Datadog and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Consider you for possible employment at Datadog in connection with an application that you submit; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers we have vetted and approved who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf only to the extent necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. This includes companies providing the following services for our Website and/or Platform: hosting services, authentication services, cyber security and anti-fraud services, and advertising;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is permitted by, in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process such as to comply with a subpoena or applicable court order;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Datadog assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website, subject to our Cookies Policy; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Lawful Basis For Processing Your Information
We are required to state the lawful basis under which we process the personal data of our users from the European Union. Accordingly, the lawful bases upon which we process your personal information are as follows:
- Where it is necessary to obtain your prior consent to the processing concerned in order for us to be allowed to do it, for instance in relation to direct marketing, we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned.
- Otherwise, we will process your personal data only where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are a subject; or
- For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us in promoting our business, providing the Platform to our business customers pursuant to or legal agreements with them, and in ensuring the security, accessibility and improvement of our Website and Platform and the development of new technology and services.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Social Sharing Features
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Information Collected on Behalf of Customers in providing our Platform
In the case of personal information we handle or receive on behalf of a customer in connection with their access to, and use of, our Platform (“Customer PI”), we have no direct relationship with the customer’s employees or other individuals with whom that customer may interact with respect to the Platform. If you are such an employee or individual and are seeking access to, or would like to correct, amend or delete, Customer PI, you should direct your query to the applicable customer. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe to a customer’s request to remove Customer PI. Please note that the foregoing will not limit EU individuals from making certain requests relating to their personal data as provided in Your Rights below.
We will not use Customer PI except for the purpose of providing and supporting the Services for the applicable customer. Customer PI will be retained for as long as needed for that purpose and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We take reasonable steps, including physical, technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted to us.
Your personal information will be retained by Datadog for the duration of your account and may be retained for a period after this time as necessary and relevant to our legitimate interests, our terms of agreement with you and in accordance with applicable legal obligations. This may include retention necessary to meet our tax reporting requirements as well as time required to enforce the relevant terms of agreement or to identify, issue or resolve legal proceedings.
We may retain a record of your stated objection to the processing of your data, including in respect of an objection to receiving marketing communications, for the sole legitimate purpose of ensuring that we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further, during the term of your objection.
EU individuals have rights in relation to their personal data which is processed by Datadog. If you are an EU data subject, you may, by emailing us at email@example.com :
- Request access to the personal data concerned.
- Request that any incorrect personal data about you that we are processing be rectified.
- Request that we erase the personal data concerned.
- Withdraw your consent at any time where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis of your prior consent to that processing, after which we shall stop the processing concerned.
- Lodge a formal compliant with the Information Commissioner in Ireland (or your local EU supervisory authority if you live outside the UK) if you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us.
If the requested EU Data is Customer PI, please include the name of the applicable customer in your request; we will refer the request to that customer to respond directly to you and will support them as needed to respond to your request.
Our customers may access, update or change personal information they have provided by logging into the Services or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to the terms of their agreements with us, Customers may deactivate their accounts by emailing us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information for a certain period of time.
If you are an individual with whom one of our customers interacts with respect to the Services (e.g., an employee of a customer), as noted above, you should direct any requests regarding access, modification or deletion of personal information to the applicable customer.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Datadog by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.