Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice
What information we collect
During the recruitment process, we will collect information about you–either from you directly or from third parties with your approval–which may include the following:
- identifying and contact information, such as your full name, email address, physical address, telephone number, date of birth, government identification number, and other contact information;
- professional and employment information, such as a resume or CV, a cover letter, other work experience, professional references, your work-permit status, your social-media profiles, or other information about your professional background;
- educational information, such as your school history, your qualifications and certifications, and any other information related to your education;
- citizenship information, such as your visa and right-to-works status;
- if you interview with us in person, we may collect additional information such as your image recorded on video cameras in our work spaces;
- information received from third parties, such as the results of a professional-reference check or background check, and the information we receive from someone who refers you for a position;
- sensitive information you voluntarily provide during the recruitment process, such as demographic information or information about your gender, race, ethnicity, and disabilities, but only when permitted under applicable laws;
- publicly available information that helps us make a determination about your candidacy, such as information from your LinkedIn or GitHub profiles; and
- any other information you choose to submit to us as part of your application.
How we use your information
We only use the information we collect about you as part of our application and recruitment process. For these reasons, your information may be used as follows:
to evaluate your candidacy or application in order to make an employment decision;
to verify the information submitted or collected about you;
to manage our relationship with you and to communicate with you;
to comply with any of our legal requirements; and
to make improvements to our recruiting processes.
When we share your information
We may share your personal information with the following recipients:
Our service providers: we may share your personal information with the service providers who help us with our hiring process, including applicant-tracking software and talent-acquisition services.
Our corporate affiliates: depending on your location, we may share your personal information with members of the Datadog Recruitment and related teams who are based in other countries.
Employers and references: in order to perform employment verifications and professional-reference checks, we may share your personal information with your current and previous employers, as well as the individuals you list as references.
Public bodies: we may be required to share your personal information with governmental agencies or public bodies, such as labor authorities, courts, or law-enforcement agencies.
Other recipients with your consent: finally, wwe may share your personal information with any other third party you have given us consent to share it with.
Our legal basis for processing your information
We collect and process your personal information when it’s necessary in order to consider your candidacy for employment with us and in preparation for potentially entering into a contract of employment with you. We may also collect your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations, where you’ve consented to our collection and processing of your personal information, or based on our legitimate interest to ensure that we hire the best candidates.
Transfers of your information
As part of our recruitment process, we may transfer your personal information outside of your country for further processing. If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA) and your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA to a Datadog affiliate or service provider for processing, such a transfer will only be made under the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
If you have any questions about the potential transfer of your personal information, please contact us as outlined in the Contact section below.
Retention of your information
If you are considered for a position at Datadog and your candidacy is unsuccessful, you decline our offer, or you withdraw your application, we will retain your personal information only to consider you for potential future positions at Datadog, and as long as needed to comply with any applicable laws or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal challenge related to our recruitment process or decision.
If you do not want us to retain your personal information to consider you for potential future positions, you may request that we delete it as described in the Your rights section below. Please note, however, that we may retain some information that we are required to retain by law or in order to defend ourselves in the event of a legal claim.
If you are offered and accept a position with us, your personal information that we receive during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information, subject to local data-protection laws, including the following:
- the right to access your personal information;
- the right to amend your personal information;
- the right to have your personal information erased;
- the right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal information;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority about our practices; and
- the right to withdraw your consent (if consent is the basis of our processing of your personal information).
To exercise any of your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note your rights may vary depending upon your location, and that certain personal information may be exempt from certain requests. If you have any questions about your rights, please contact us as outlined in the Contact section below.
Changes to this policy
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this notice. We encourage you to review this notice before submitting any information to us.
If you have questions or concerns about this notice, our practices, or your rights, please contact us via email at email@example.com or via mail at Datadog, Inc., 620 8th Avenue, Floor 45, New York, NY 10018.