You ARE eligible to participate in the program if you meet and agree to be bound by all of the following:
- You are at least 18 years of age. However, if you are considered a minor in your place of residence, permission by your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) is required before participating in this program.
- You are either an individual researcher participating in your own individual capacity, or you work for an organization that permits you to participate. You are responsible for reviewing your employer’s rules for participating in this program.
- You agree (i) to preserve as confidential all information received from Datadog including, but not exclusively, all information concerning or relating to this bug bounty program (for example-Datadog systems architecture, business plans, etc.) and any other information and materials normally and reasonably considered confidential (“Confidential Information”), (ii) to protect Confidential Information against any unauthorized use or disclosure, and (iii) to use Confidential Information solely for the purposes for which it is provided to you.
- You represent and warrant that your submission is your own work, that you have not used information owned by another person or entity, and that you have the legal right to provide the submission to Datadog.
- You acknowledge that Datadog, at no additional cost, shall own all works created or developed by you in connection with or as a result of your participation in Datadog’s bug bounty program.
- You acknowledge that you are not guaranteed any compensation or credit for your submission.
You ARE NOT eligible to participate in the program if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are under the age of 18;
- You are a resident of any countries under U.S. sanctions (https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Pages/default.aspx) or any other country that does not allow participation in bug bounty programs;
- You are a public sector employee;
- Your participation in this program will violate your employer’s policies;
- You are currently an employee of Datadog or a Datadog entity, or an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, or child) of such an employee;
- You were previously an employee of Datadog or a Datadog entity; or
- You currently (or within twelve months prior providing to us your submission) perform(ed) services for Datadog or a Datadog entity in an external staff capacity that allow(ed) access to Datadog source code, Datadog internal applications, or the Datadog Corporate Network, such as a temporary consultant, vendor employee, or contractor.
There may be additional restrictions on your ability to enter depending upon your local law.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL DATADOG, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR THE ENTITY THROUGH WHICH YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN DATADOG’S BUG BOUNTY PROGRAM FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS PROGRAM. IF YOU HAVE ANY BASIS FOR RECOVERING DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BREACH OF THESE TERMS), YOU AGREE THAT YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO RECOVER, FROM DATADOG OR ANY AFFILIATES, RESELLERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AND VENDORS DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO BUT NOT IN EXCESS OF $100.00 (USD). THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF THE NON-BREACHING PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
This Agreement will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its choice of law principles. Any legal action or proceeding arising under or relating to this bug bounty program shall be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in New York County, New York, USA, and the Parties expressly consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in those courts.