Full observability for modern applications
Datadog monitors both infrastructure and application performance to provide visibility into every layer of your stack.
- Drill down from a global overview to a request trace to a single SQL query
- Correlate app performance or errors with infrastructure metrics and events
- Quickly identify performance bottlenecks in code or infrastructure
Gap-free tracing across distributed systems
Datadog monitors every host and container, so you can trace requests from end to end, wherever they go.
- Track the performance of distributed applications on dynamic infrastructure
- Break down latency with end-to-end flame graphs
- Monitor all your cloud, on-prem, and hybrid applications in one place
Auto-instrumentation for request tracing
Datadog APM can automatically trace requests across many popular libraries and frameworks.
- Enable auto-instrumentation to collect spans from frontend to backend
- Get instant visibility via integrations with web frameworks like Django, Ruby on Rails, Gin, and Spring
- Collect detailed performance data from infrastructure components like Redis and Elasticsearch
Advanced graphing and alerting
APM dovetails with all the powerful visualization and alerting features you already use in Datadog.
Open source, extensible tooling
The Datadog Agent is open source, with libraries and APIs for custom tracing.
- Use open source client libraries to instrument your code
- Collect custom traces from your applications using open APIs
- Deploy APM in seconds with a one-command install on most platforms